The Temazcal is an ancient sweat lodge that is designed to purify the body, mind and spirit. This powerful re-birthing ceremony is guided by a shaman who leads participants into a deep state of introspection and transformation
In addition to spiritual healing, the Temazcal offers significant physical benefits including the elimination of toxins from the body and purification of the respiratory system. The Temazcal also reduces muscle tension, relieves stress and releases negative energy from the body making way for a renewed energy source.
A Temazcal is best approached with an attitude of respect, humility and surrender. Relaxing through breath awareness is key. The potential for a transcendental experience is greater when the body is calm and open. This potent ceremony is unique to each individual and can be a deeply awakening experience.
Relaxing through breath awareness
• Wear light comfortable clothing & bathing suit.
• Do not consume alcohol or smoke for at least one day before.
• Eat a light breakfast (fruit, cereal, juice).
• Drink plenty of fluids before.
• Tell the shaman of any physical condition or any additional questions.
• Those with pacemakers can not participate in the Temazcal
• It is not recommended for women who are pregnant. (Unless used to).